Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Jeff Berlin: High Standards (2010)

Jeff Berlin describes this album as follows:
"It is a standard jazz piano trio led by a former rock bass player playing jazz tunes, and soloing nothing like bass players usually solo."
"Keith Jarrett is huge influence on me. I transcribed his solos and practiced them on bass. I wanted to try my hand at recording tunes that I have played for many years, which inspired me to record three guys in a room and let the session remain as they eventually turned out."
It's always a treat when Jeff Berlin releases a new recording! "High Standards" is a must have if you are a jazz fan and or a lover of the bass guitar. Jeff's playing is so crisp and Richard Drexler and Danny Gottlieb add so much to the music. These three gentleman are as tight of a trio as you will ever find. You can tell that Jeff is a true fan of the standards and to hear him put his own twist on these classics... well, just take a listen for yourself and you will see how high the standard has been set! 5 stars plus!
Tracklist:
1. Groovin’ High (6:20)
2. Nardis (5:02)
3. I Want to Be Happy (6:03)
4. Body and Soul (8:09)
5. Solar (7:04)
6. Invitation (8:07)
7. If I Were a Bell (5:29)
8. Valse Nobles et Sentimales No. IV (1:18)
9. Someday My Prince Will Come (7:13)
Personnel:
Jeff Berlin - Bass
Richard Drexler - Piano / Upright Bass
Danny Gottlieb - Drums
High Standards
Hotfile / Uploading @ 320K

No comments:

Post a Comment